Wednesday, July 16, 2008

That's a Wrap

The missing emails discussed in yesterday's post did surface, and I have assurances that they were mailed in a timely manner. Thus my note of cynicism at the end of my last post is withdrawn.

Also withdrawn is my further involvement in this story, which has become the story of a falling out, rather than one about web comics, and is therefore no longer on my beat.

Those seeking the last word (for now) from all involved should read:


Two responses from Platinum were of special interest to me. Affirmation that creators retain rights when they use Drunk Duck, although I'd have to find a lawyer to interview to tell me for sure. This allows me to scale down my public hand-wringing a few notches.

The royalty arrangement discussed also sounds appealing, though I am so fiercely independent I can't imagine myself being a good person to judge it.

And that's all I have to say on this matter, a story I never would have covered if Drunk Duck wasn't a notable web comics site.