The Abominable Charles Christopher by Karl Kerschl
© Karl Kerschl
They insist on calling it "Best Digital Comic," which is like calling some software the "Best Digital Program" to distinguish it from TV programs. But so what. Here are this year's Eisner Award nominees:
- The Abominable Charles Christopher, by Karl Kerschl,
- Billy Dogma, Immortal, by Dean Haspiel,
- The Process, by Joe Infurnari,
- PX! By Manny Trembley and Eric A. Anderson (also nominated for Best Publication for Teens),
- Sugarshock!, by Joss Whedon and Fabio Moon.
I note that Dean Haspiel is a member of the web comics collective Act-I-Vate, and Karl Kerschl is a member of Transmission-X, which has been receiving Canadian award nominations as well.
For the non-web-comics nominees, go here.