Saturday, March 22, 2008

Galactic Central


































I've spent much of my adult life to date as an entrepreneur in the recycling industry. I can tell you nothing brought work to a halt faster than a box of vintage magazines hitting the paper recycling plant.

Hiring smart meant hiring smart people. They quickly developed an eye for that type of truckload created when someone empties out a creaky old attic.

Paul looked for books about England. Bill, who has since gone on to fame as a mechanical sculptor, was very picky, selecting only material he could use in his assemblies. I liked magazines.

Even though I've seen some of the titles time and again, Galactic Central has lots of covers and publications that are new to me. Even if you've browsed this category before, you'll see its immensity.