Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Impressions

I like to mention newish comics I run across while maintaining my comics list--stuff that might have escaped notice, and which shows promise. I had three such titles, but one has a shoutboxes, and the creator is on it chattering away with someone I don't respect, naively basking in being used. The second one has nice art but the story is a cliche quagmire (yeah, I read some of it). That leaves Evil Diva , as mentioned recently by one of our readers from overseas.

This one looks good enough to set aside for when I have a quiet stretch, and maybe some of you will like it.

I enjoy these comic reviews that require almost no reading. If it's bad, people yell; if it's good, someone usually confirms the first impression. Next week: blindfolded selections.