Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Toon Weekly Character Design Contest


From Toon Weekly's competition "90's Movies," 
here's one I like by Brent Brown.
© Brent Brown


Here's something fun for artists.

Toon Weekly is running a weekly character design contest. Recent themes were zombies, Dick Tracy villains, cyborgs and pirates.

If you visit this week's, a barely comprehensible affair for those of us who skipped the last Star Wars cycle, you can see why Pug draws the Scratchin Post and I write it. I think this may be the first time I posted my own cartoon art on the internet.

The tone at Toon Weekly is friendly and though participants vote for the best entry, it's all very friendly. No one should feel put off from submitting. That's the kind of contest I like.

Thanks to Lee Cherolis of Better You Than Me for the tip. That's a comic you should check out if you don't know it. Lee is a great guy and an organizer of the Indy Webcomics Group, a web comics collective for Hoosiers.